Senior PHP Backend Engineer
LIFULL Connect is a Global Marketplace Group that operates more than 250 vertical search sites across property, employment, motoring, and fashion in 63 different countries and 24 different languages. These sites operate under the Trovit, Mitula, Nestoria, Nuroa, Fashiola and Kleding brands. In addition, our network of 10 property portals in 9 South-East Asian countries under the DotProperty and Thailand-property brands, help people find their next home. Want to know more about Lifull Connect?
Our mission is to connect people and help them make some of the biggest decisions in their life.
We are an innovative and creative team, we look for team players, humble, self-responsible, curious, passionate, happy, proactive, and willing to roll up their sleeves people.
At Lifull Connect we are looking for a Senior Developer who embrace software craftsmanship and have a strong background in Software Development.
What will be your responsibilities:
- Regularly shipping a variety of products from small internal tools to large-scale web applications used by millions of people per month.
- You’ll be part of an extremely motivated and experienced group of people.
- You’ll help drive the architecture and be a key coding contributor.
- You’ll design and deliver new features to enable new experiences, deliver our content and services to millions of customers, and drive revenue.
- Write good quality code.
- Work on large-scale, custom-designed, high traffic systems.
- Working as part of an Agile team.
- Thoroughly apply XP-based software development practices ( Clean Code, TDD, CI/CD, Pair Programming, etc.)
What you need to bring to the table:
- Proficiency with modern backend web development (PHP prefered)
- MySQL, Redis or any other high-availability key-value storage system.
- Basic Frontend knowledge (JS, CSS3 y HTML5)
- Experience with unit testing (TDD prefered)
- Rock solid experience with modern web frameworks such as Symfony, Laravel or similar.
- Experience working with modern version control systems.
- Great interest for Queue messaging system such as Beanstalk, RabbitMQ, also with debuggers and Profiler tools.
- Strong OOP software modeling skills: SOLID, DDD, Design Patterns.
- Good team member who likes to help but also keep focus to get things done.
- An agile & devops mindset.
- Facilitate problem solving, working with the team to make them a reality
- Product-oriented. You acknowledge software is not the end but a means to get business value (this doesn’t mean doing crappy code). You try to understand the business motivation under the tasks you develop.
Will be a big plus:
- Solr, ElasticSearch or similar
- Message Distribution Systems such as Kafka, Mosquitto
- Basic LAMP platform administration
- Experience with Trunk based development and continuous delivery practices
- Open source lover with full contributions in your Github account
- CI/CD flow knowledge (Gitlab CI, Jenkins)
- Container systems (Docker, Kubernetes)
- You like to help and mentor other developers.
- You have experience with cloud infrastructure.
- You have experience with evolutionary design & architectures
What we offer:
The most important thing that we offer at LIFULL Connect is our culture and an environment where everyone has the possibility to take on challenges, make an impact while learning and growing along the way.
We also offer several benefits and perks:
- Individual Training Budget
- Private medical insurance
- Restaurant vouchers
- In-house gym
- Internal training
- Free snacks, drinks and fresh fruit
- Two yearly retreats usually involving skiing or sunbathing
Does this sound like a mission made for you? Then we need to talk!