Head of Engineering
LIFULL Connect is a Group that operates more than 250 vertical search sites across property, employment, motoring, and fashion in 63 different countries and 24 different languages. These sites operate under the Trovit, Mitula, Nestoria, Nuroa and Fashiola brands. In addition, our network of 10 property portals in 9 South-East Asian countries under the DotProperty and Thailand-property brands, help people find their next home. Our mission is to connect people and help them make some of the biggest decisions in their life. Want to know more about Lifull Connect?
Lifull Connect is the result of the merger of two of the largest companies in our space, Trovit and Mitula Group. We joined forces earlier this year to become a superpower in the aggregation market. One of our biggest challenges is to consolidate our technology environment into a rock-solid machine that delivers value and makes us proud. This will be the mission of the Engineering Manager that we are looking to hire for our Madrid office.
We are looking for a person that is strongly aligned with the core principles of our culture and work approach, who loves and is used to create, lead, coach and grow highly skilled teams.
A person who conducts oneself with honesty, responsibility, humility and generosity; someone that builds teams that are confident in communicating with clarity and empathy, and achieving results, will be a great candidate to be a part of our exciting project.
What will be your responsibilities:
- You will be leading teams working in different parts of the aggregation business of the company.
- You will make sure that the teams are able to deliver value to the business, constantly balancing technical virtuosity and pragmatism.
- We will expect you to transform the way that the teams work today to accomplish that:
- They embrace the mission of having codebases that are solid and scalable (‘I’m proud of what we are building’).
- They work and interact with each other following the Agile Mindset (‘We work in a way that is people focused and impact driven’).
- Teams collaborate using clear methods and processes to ensure that engineering is constantly plugged-in to the business (‘We understand and support each other with the business’).
- They find growth opportunities in challenges that bear value creation (‘I’m learning as I’m fixing stuff and coming up with new ways to deliver more value’)
What you need to bring to the table:
- The ability to communicate at negotiation level in both English and Spanish.
- Solid experience managing teams of 30-40 people developing high traffic web applications that operate in distributed computing environments.
- Lots of experience leading distributed teams.
- You will not need to be a hands-on development manager; but will have strong tech foundations and very good knowledge of the technology stack being used in complex, large and distributed web applications.
- Very good knowledge and real-life experience with code-quality centered engineering practices and mindsets.
- Agile is more to you than some scrum practices, you embrace it as a mindset and are also into other connected ideas such as Software Crafting.
- And since the product is a means to achieve a business mission, you will also bring strong product and business orientation.
What we offer you:
The most important thing that we offer at LIFULL Connect is an environment where everyone has the possibility to grow and make an impact. We have a big growth challenge ahead of us and we are willing to walk that path and achieve our objectives. We are firm teamwork believers and we like to push ourselves to do better while enjoying the journey!
Some of the things that will help you perform at your best (aka benefits & perks):
- An inspiring office with different spaces to help us focus and collaborate.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- In-house gym.
- Flexible Payment Plan (Restaurant, Transport, Kindergarten).
- Team building events, like afterworks and outings.
Sounds like you? Then let’s talk!