LIFULL Connect is a Global Marketplace Group that operates more than 250 vertical search sites across property, employment, motoring, and fashion in 63 different countries and 24 different languages. These sites operate under the Trovit, Mitula, Nestoria, Nuroa, and Fashiola brands. In addition, our network of 22 property portals in South-East Asian and Latam countries under DotProperty and Resem groups, help people find their next home. Our mission is to connect people and help them make some of the biggest decisions in their life. Want to know more about Lifull Connect?
We are an innovative and creative team, we look for team players, humble, self-responsible, curious, passionate, happy, proactive, and willing to roll up their sleeves people. Ideally, we are looking for someone who is near our Barcelona or Madrid office. We are open to remote work, but, from time to time, we need to see each other in person.
Our team context:
We value not only producing features, but also keeping a sustainable and healthy work environment. This is why we use a technical concerns mechanism to find ways to improve our effectiveness and work experience, mob programming, XP technical practices and periodic deliberate practice sessions.
We work on both greenfield and legacy projects. Legacy code is tough because of the lost knowledge and lack of testing but it becomes very satisfying when you apply good legacy code techniques and see how the code improves day by day.
What we will do together:
- Work in an agile team with a kaizen mindset.
- Regularly shipping a variety of products from small internal tools to large-scale applications.
- Develop new features applying XP practices to enable new experiences and drive revenue while maintaining the team environment sustainable and healthy.
How we work:
- Pair programming and mob programming.
- We use concerns to make decisions and reach alignment in the team.
- We try to use TDD when it’s possible and, if is not possible, we take care to test it with the best strategy we can find.
- We use caring tasks to improve our system and keep it evolvable.
- We are supported by technical coaches.
- Strong OOP skills.
- Proficiency with a modern backend or frontend web development.
- Experience working with some web framework.
- Solid experience with unit testing (TDD preferred).
- Experience working in agile environments and knowledge of what it provides.
What’s a plus but not mandatory:
- Some knowledge of both frontend and backend.
- You like to help and mentor other developers.
- Experience with full text search engines, preferably Solr.
- Knowledge of distributed systems and its wins and pains.
- Message distribution system, preferably Kafka.
- Experience with Trunk based development and continuous delivery practices.
- Experience with evolutionary design & architectures.
- Containers technology knowledge (docker).
What we offer you:
The most important thing that we offer at LIFULL Connect is an environment where everyone has the possibility to grow and make an impact. We have a big growth challenge ahead of us and we are willing to walk that path and achieve our objectives. We are firm teamwork believers and we like to push ourselves to do better while enjoying the journey!
Some of the things that will help you perform at your best (aka benefits & perks):
- Training Budget.
- Practice programs and team technical trainings to improve your skills.
- Private medical insurance.
- Flexible Payment Plan (Restaurant, Transport, Kindergarten).
Sounds like you? Then let’s talk!