Front End Developer
LIFULL Connect is a Global Marketplace Group that operates more than 250 vertical search sites across property, employment, motoring, and fashion in 63 different countries and 24 different languages. These sites operate under the Trovit, Mitula, Nestoria, Nuroa, and Fashiola brands. In addition, our network of 22 property portals in South-East Asian and Latam countries under DotProperty, Hip Flat and Resem groups, help people find their next home. Our mission is to connect people and help them make some of the biggest decisions in their life. Want to know more about Lifull Connect?
We are an innovative and creative team, we look for people who are team players, humble, self-responsible, curious, passionate, happy, proactive, and willing to roll up their sleeves.
Our team context:
We value not only producing features, but also keeping a sustainable and healthy work environment. This is why we use constant feedback to find ways to improve our effectiveness and work experience, mob programming, XP technical practices and periodic deliberate practice sessions.
What we will do together:
- Work in an Agile team with a kaizen mindset.
- Regularly ship a variety of products and features, from small internal tools to large-scale applications.
- Develop new features applying XP practices to enable new experiences.
We look for a person who:
- Cares about product and code quality and is always willing to improve and raise the value of the system.
- Likes to optimize and automate repetitive tasks, so the team can focus on improvements and upgrades.
- Is used to work in product teams. This means understanding stakeholders’ needs, proposing alternatives and negotiating with product and design teams looking for the most impactful and cost effective solutions.
- Wants to learn and expand their knowledge in other areas such as the back end.
- Is interested in maintaining and improving internal front end libraries and tools.
- You like to be among the first with the latest web development trends and aware of the challenges of cross browser and device application development.
- Experience working with TDD.
- Solid experience building and styling layouts with HTML and CSS/SASS. Also valuable:
- Knowledge of a11y best practices.
- Knowledge of styles architecture, best practices and name conventions and refactoring styles.
- Experience with styling component oriented libraries like styled-components.
- Experience working with component oriented libraries, preferably React. Also valuable:
- Experience working with and customizing Material UI components.
- Experience working with state management libraries (for example, redux, mobx, zustand).
- Experience with testing practices and frameworks in front end projects.
- Fluency in English language.
What’s a plus but not mandatory:
- Experience and/or willingness to work with back end applications, preferably with PHP.
- Experience using profiling and web performance analysis tools and optimizing related problems.
- Functional programming knowledge.
- Familiarity working with design systems.
- Acquaintance with component workbench libraries like Storybook.
What we offer you:
We are a tech company where we really collaborate, where opportunities are generated, where you can grow and have an impact. We love good code which does what it is intended in the simplest way possible, which can be easily tested, maintained and scaled by the current and the next team that is in charge of it. We are firm teamwork believers and we like to push ourselves to do better while enjoying the journey!
Many of our developers are active members of software crafting communities and are used to participating in meetups, conferences, katas, etc.
Some of the things that will help you perform at your best (aka benefits & perks):
- Practice programs and team technical training to improve your skills.
- A remote-first culture that will allow you to choose where you want to work from (your home or our offices).
- A unique and challenging job driven by bold objectives.
- A lean, diverse and multi-regional company.
- Ongoing training & learning opportunities.
- Private medical insurance.
- Flexible Payment Plan (Restaurant, Transport, Kindergarten).
Sounds like you? Then let’s talk!