Software Developer (Fashiola)
We are looking for people to join our tech teams in Spain! As a company, we started embracing a remote first approach that allows you to work anywhere within Spain. For those who are wishing to move, we will support you with relocation!
We are an innovative and creative team, we look for team players that are humble, self-responsible, curious, proactive, and willing to roll up their sleeves.
Our team context:
You will be joining our Fashiola team, which is responsible for the kleding.nl & fashiola sites. The sites have presence in more than 24 countries and have more than 5 millions visits every month. The goal of this team is to help our users to have the best experience in a fast fashion comparator site to find, overall, the clothes they want between the huge offers they can find on the Internet in the shortest possible time.
The main challenge for this team is to protect the value of a profitable business while exploring new opportunities, so sometimes we will have to refactor legacy code to protect that value and some other times we will be creating new solutions for business needs.
- We work as a team.
- We apply agile principles and values, using XP practices.
- We approach our solutions with a Lean mindset.
- We often switch the context: Explore, Expand, Extract.
- We use a data-driven and Lean approach to validate and implement solutions. .
- We work in a very changing environment and we adapt our direction depending on the information we get along the way, embracing change.
What we ask for:
- A nice person who is a team player (remember, we work as a team).
- Strong skills in OOP (DDD, SOLID, design patterns, …).
- PHP, JS, CSS & HTML
- Knowledge on relational & non-relational databases
- Solid experience with testing (TDD preferred).
- Experience working in Agile environments.
- English (minimum B2)
It’s not mandatory to meet all the requirements in this list, we can have a conversation about it
What will be your responsibilities:
- Develop a sustainable and quality code for the project.
- Refactor legacy code and ensure that it meets standards that are required in the company.
- Monitoring and reporting data on the operation of the project, servers and integrated services.
- Participate in the mentor program for scholarship recipients who join the team with the task of managing new integrations and maintenance of existing ones. This means accompanying these people in their growth, reviewing the code they develop before uploading it to production and resolving doubts that arise until the overcoming of the learning curve for these people.
- Work together with the system administrator for the good operation of the entire product infrastructure.
- Transmit knowledge about different parts of the product than others teammates are not so clear and he does because of the years he has been in the project
What we offer you:
We are a tech company where we really collaborate, where opportunities are generated and where you can grow. Many of our developers are active members of software crafting communities and are used to participating in meetups, conferences, katas, etc. We love good code which does what it is intended in the simplest way possible, which can be easily tested, maintained and scaled by the current and the next team that is in charge of it.
Some of the things that will help you perform at your best (aka benefits & perks):
- A unique and challenging job driven by bold objectives.
- A lean, diverse and multi-regional company.
- Ongoing training & learning opportunities.
- Private medical insurance.
- Flexible Payment Plan (Restaurant, Transport, Kindergarten).
- The possibility to work remotely.
LIFULL Connect is a Global Marketplace Group that operates more than 250 vertical search sites across property, employment, motoring, and fashion in 63 different countries and 24 different languages. These sites operate under the Trovit, Mitula, Nestoria, Nuroa, and Fashiola brands. In addition, our network of 22 property portals in South-East Asian and Latam countries under DotProperty and Resem groups, help people find their next home. Our mission is to connect people and help them make some of the biggest decisions in their life. Want to know more about Lifull Connect?
Sounds like you? Then let’s talk!