Senior Backend Developer
🤷🏽♀️ LIFULL Connect…do you want to know more about us?
LIFULL Connect is a global marketplace group operating vertical search, portals, and transactions-based sites. Our mission is to help people make one of their life’s biggest decisions: find a home. And how do we do it? We gather, filter, and organize millions of ads from thousands of websites and present them in one simple search. Quick, easy, helpful. That’s our promise! ✋
- Proppit: one of the leading marketing tools in the real estate market, that allows professionals to reach the largest audience, accelerate their sales processes, and save time.
- Thribee: is a traffic acquisition service where you can manage all your campaigns from all of our aggregators in one single platform, reaching more users and diversifying your sources of traffic.
And…what’s it like to work with us? We are a tech company with an innovative team and we are looking for team players who share our values:
- #Impact: have meaningful goals that allow us to improve as a team.
- #User Centric: truly understanding the users and creating meaningful experiences.
- #People Care: understanding each other’s motivation, aspirations, and needs.
- #Be your true self: embrace diversity and inclusiveness.
- #Growth Mindset: becoming better every day.
Do you want to learn more about us? 👉🏽 Click here!
🦾 Life in our team:
You will be joining our Listings team, whose goal is to develop and maintain the tools that keep our websites fed with top-quality content (classified ads) so that our users can find their new home, car, or job.
Our team is responsible for the backend that powers content feeding (ingestion, processing, quality controls, etc.) for a number of websites from our inventory, which account for tens of millions of visits every month.
We love good code that does what it’s intended in the simplest possible way, that can be tested, and can be easily maintained. We firmly believe in teamwork and collective code ownership and we like to push ourselves to do better while enjoying the journey. For all of these reasons, we work with:
- XP practices and embraces agile principles and values.
- A lean mindset approach.
- Pair programming daily. Sometimes, we also do mob programming sessions!
- We invest in our continuous improvement and engage in deliberate practice weekly.
🔎 What we are looking for:
❗Please keep in mind that, although we would love to meet you, to proceed with your application, a valid working permit for Spain is needed❗
- Strong skills in object-oriented programming and SOLID principles.
- Good understanding of application architecture patterns and domain-driven design.
- Good refactoring skills and experience dealing with legacy code.
- Solid experience with unit testing and comfortable with TDD.
- Experience in an agile environment with a DevOps mindset.
- Familiarity with a cloud solution, preferably AWS.
➕ These skills are enough but…it will be a plus if you have:
- Knowledge of Kotlin, Java, and its ecosystem.
- Knowledge of Hadoop and experience with large datasets.
- Familiarity with search engines (Solr, Elasticsearch).
😎 Some of the things that will help you to perform at your best (aka perks!):
- 🏠 A remote-first culture. You can work from your home in Spain or our offices in Madrid or Barcelona.
- 💶 Salary Range: between €45.000 and €55.000 gross annually.
- 🏥 Private health insurance to support you to be at your best.
- 🧠 Online therapy to boost well-being.
- 📚 Online English lessons for all levels.
- 📙 Ongoing training & learning opportunities.
- 🏖️ Flexible time off. Enjoy public and bank holidays when suits you best!
- ☀️ Summer Schedule in August.
- ✈️ 25 working vacation days per year.
- ⏰ Half-day Fridays.
- 💳 Flexible Compensation Plan (through Cobee) with discounts on transportation, food, and kindergarten expenses.
- 📝 Tax Advisor for Spanish Tax Reporting every year.
- 👪🏾 Fully Paid Parental Leave and Soft Landing scheme.
- 💻 All the equipment you need. You can choose your OS!
Talent comes in all shapes! That’s why we promote equal opportunity to all, regardless of age, color, gender identity, medical condition, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic. We want to provide and ensure an inclusive experience, so please, let us know if there is anything we can do to support you.
Let’s talk! 📞