At Popdeal we understand the importance of personal data to both our users and our customers. We are committed to your privacy and data protection rights.
This policy explains the purposes for which your personal data may be processed. Please read this carefully. By using the Platform or any service derived from it, you agree that we have informed you about our use of the personal data collected.
This policy is not applicable to groups other than those indicated in it.
– Who is the Data Controller?
When we mention “Popdeal”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice, we are referring to the company behind Popdeal, as specified in our Terms and Conditions.
– Personal data we process
Popdeal will access the following personal data:
- a) Personal data provided voluntarily by agents:
- Full name
- Full address / registered business address
- Phone Number
- Email address
- Billing Information
- Other contact details (Whatsapp ID, Line ID, Skype ID, Messenger ID, Wechat ID and/or Website URL).
- Any personal data sent directly to Popdeal
- Device data: operating system, version, or unique identifiers. For example, the name of the mobile network that the device uses.
- Location data: Only in the case that it allows its use. The location can be determined by IP address, GPS data, access points Wi-Fi and mobile service towers. In any case, it will be used to enable functionalities that require your location to provide the service. We may also use them to provide ads related to your location.
- Browsing data: information about activity on our websites, including the sites from which you access our website, searches performed, date and time of visits, interaction with advertisements or advertising, alerts created and duration of the visit. This Information allows us to show you suggestions about ads similar to those you have searched for and/or show you personalized ads related to those searches.
Some of the data mentioned above are mandatory and must be provided in order to render our services. If they are not provided, we will not be able to render the services. Those fields are usually marked with an asterisk or a warning that will inform you about it.
– Popdeal as data processor
Popdeal will have the status of Data Processor, based on the specific Annex established for this purpose in our Terms and Conditions, when it processes the following data for which the Client is Data Controller:
Personal data of owners and interested parties in the properties incorporated by the agents to the platform
- Phone Number
- Email address
- Property details (when posting an ad): full or partial address, images/videos, description and characteristics, contact details (Whatsapp ID, Line ID, Skype ID, Messenger ID, Wechat ID) and/or Website URL.
– Purposes of the processing
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes described in this policy. This policy is based on the applicable regulations, options and controls that apply to it. We may use the information collected to:
- Register as an agent and create an account.
- Provide our services, in accordance with the Legal Notice and the Terms and Conditions of Popdeal or those that are established in the future with each of the agents.
- Respond to inquiries or requests for information made by agents.
- Load ads on websites.
- Keep you informed about our services, activities, projects, updates and new websites or features of the applications by means of notices / newsletters sent by email and / or other electronic means.
- Personalize content and experiences. The information you provide will allow us to generate user profiles in order to offer you advertisements, products or services of Popdeal or our Partners in a personalized way.
- Operate, understand, optimize, develop or improve our websites, products, services and operations.
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or are deemed illegal.
– Legal basis
Popdeal may process your personal data with any of the following legal bases:
- If it is necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations, as well as Data Controllers or as Processors: manage accounts and provide our services.
- To comply with a legal obligation applicable to Popdeal.
- Based on your consent given or our legitimate interest (only where applicable) to keep you informed about the products and services of Popdeal and to send communications of your interest using the contact details provided.
– Information we share with third parties
Popdeal will only share your personal data with other entities in the following cases:
- When you request a service and / or more information through the contact form made available to you for this purpose.
- If you publish an ad on our platforms, your contact details (which you provided to us), as well as the information about the property or product included in the ad, will be published and all our visitors and users will have access to it.
- For the rest of the purposes, your personal data will not be shared, sold or disclosed. However, your personal data may be communicated to regulatory authorities or other third parties according to applicable law.
- Information may also be transferred without express consent in the following case: by reorganization, merger, sale, strategic alliance or business collaboration, assignment, transfer or other transfer of all or a portion of our business, assets or stock (also in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- In addition, where applicable, if you request the portability of your data, we will communicate it to the recipient you indicate.
Depending on the purposes, we may need to give access to your personal data to:
- Affiliates or Service Providers who may process your personal data as instructed by Popdeal, always applying the appropriate security measures to ensure compliance with applicable regulations. Among others and by way of example, we depend on suppliers for the hosting of data, sending electronic communications or for support and general development of the website.
- Other companies in the group, based on an intra-group legitimate interest (in those countries where this legal basis applies), for internal management reasons, subject to applicable privacy laws.
– Your rights
In order to manage your personal data, you have the right* to request:
- The right to request access to your personal data: you can consult Popdeal about the processing of your personal data and access to them.
- The right to erasure of your personal data.
- The right to rectify your personal data in case they are inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to withdraw your consent, without this affecting the legality of the processing based on the consent prior to its withdrawal
- File a complaint with the relevant Data Protection Authority of your Country and/or region.
- The right to portability of personal data: if you want your personal data to be processed by a Different Data Controller, Popdeal will allow the transfer of your personal data to the new Data Controller indicated.
- The right to restriction of the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- Right not to be subject to automated individual decisions.
*Please note that you will only be able to exercise those rights applicable in your country or region.
In any case, all personal data linked to the account, as well as any information and/or content included in it, will be deleted from the moment the agent exercises his right of deletion. Likewise, in the event that the user exercises his right of deletion in relation to his personal data necessary for the provision of services on the Platform, Popdeal will be obliged to terminate his relationship with the user, unsubscribing to the same, who will not have the right to file any claim in this regard. This, without prejudice to the blocking obligation established in the applicable Data Protection regulations.
Rights may be exercised through the following link: https://www.lifullconnect.com/contact-us/
– How do we protect your personal data?
Popdeal has security measures in place to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized manner, or altered or disclosed inappropriately. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to vendors who need to process that information only for business reasons. In these cases, we ensure that your personal information is processed on our instructions and protected by the duty of confidentiality.
To protect you, we have implemented procedures to detect any breach of security and will notify you and the relevant Data Protection Authority of any breach, as applicable and in accordance with our applicable legal obligations. However, despite the diligent implementation of such measures the user should know that Internet security measures are not impregnable.
– How long will we keep your personal data?
The criteria we follow in this regard are determined by:
- The purpose of the processing of the personal data collected and the fulfillment of said purpose. This means that we will retain your data for as long as it is available and until you cancel your account.
- Where the processing is based on your consent or our legitimate interest (as applicable), until you revoke it or object to the processing.
- Mandatory retention times by contractual and regulatory provisions.
Please note that in some cases Popdeal is obliged to keep certain personal data of users for an additional period of time depending on the applicable Data Protection regulations.
The professionals who work in Popdeal who can intervene in any way in the services provided to the user undertake not to disclose or use the information they can access for a purpose other than that reported in this Policy. In any case, any information provided by the user will be considered confidential and may not be used for purposes other than the management of the user’s account and / or the services contracted with Popdeal (if any). In this sense, we undertake not to disclose information about the user except in those cases that are legally required.
– International transfers
Popdeal operates globally, so in some cases it will be necessary for your data to be transferred to third countries for operational purposes. Such transfers could be made to:
- The entities of the business group to which Popdeal belongs. For more information, click here.
- The service providers with whom your information needs to be shared
If your personal data is transferred outside your country of residence, we will process your data in a territory that your country has determined provides an adequate level of protection for personal information; or if there is no such provision, we will ensure that adequate safeguards are provided to protect your personal information, such as standard contractual clauses, binding corporate rules (BCRs), codes of conduct or those mechanisms that legally allow such transfers with an adequate level of protection. You can request more information about the mechanisms used from our Group DPO, including a copy of the contractual clauses used.
– Special categories of data or sensitive data
We will not collect or process any personal data that may be considered particularly sensitive or included in the special categories of personal data, unless such data has been explicitly provided by the user, in which case it will be deleted when it becomes known. Special categories of personal data include information relating to race, ethnicity, political opinions, religious, philosophical or similar beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data used for the sole purpose of identifying an individual, health data, sex life or sexual orientation.
– Policy on the use of the Platform by minors
The Platform is not designed or directed to minors, according to the age established in each country, who may not use it without the authorization of their parents or legal guardians. In this regard, we do not knowingly collect information from persons under that age. In any case, if any of the parents or legal guardians believes that their children have provided us with personal data without their consent, they must notify us by writing to soporte@Popdeal.co
– Direct marketing
We undertake not to use your personal data for direct marketing purposes without your prior, express or tacit consent, as applicable in your country of residence.
If, at any time, you wish to stop receiving commercial or promotional information from Popdeal, you can unsubscribe directly from marketing campaigns or our alerts free of charge, by contacting us as indicated in the rights section and / or in your preferences panel within your user account. You can also use the opt-out or opt-out procedure provided in any promotional message sent by Popdeal.
Please note that even if you choose not to subscribe or if you decide to unsubscribe from receiving promotional emails or newsletters, we may still need to communicate with you regarding important information of a non-commercial nature, such as troubleshooting, inactivity or non-use, error detection and prevention, or generally compliance with the Legal Notice and operating procedures of the Platform.
– Social Media
Our connection, based on your settings, may be published on your profile and on your wall so that your friends can receive notifications about it. By default, we will only be able to see your name and profile picture. That is, we will not have access to additional personal details or your social network activity unless you have given access to “everyone” or your profile is completely public.
We will inform you through social networks about our activities, events, news, products or services offered by Popdeal or our partners. If you no longer wish to receive this information, simply click “unfollow”. If you have additional questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
We inform you that it is possible that your comments are published outside the platform of the social network or using other tools other than X API (former TWITTER) or FACEBOOK API. To do so we will have your prior consent, without modifying, translating or deleting any part of the content of the message. In addition, we will always reference your full username. Once that content of the social network has been deleted, or modified, we will make every effort to remove or modify it within 24 working hours provided that we have been notified.
X (former Twitter)
Popdeal allows all users to comment and opine freely, but in order to maintain proper social media functionality and preserve a pleasant atmosphere, some basic rules of participation must be followed. In this regard, we reserve the right to remove your comments, images and any other content from this page if:
- Inappropriate language is used, such as vulgarities, insults, profanity, incitement to hatred or anything else deemed offensive in nature.
- Any person, brand, organization or social groups are harassed or threatened.
- Fundamental rights and civil liberties are threatened
- The right to honor, personal and family privacy or the right to one’s own image is infringed.
- Your comment contains personal data of third parties or is protected by any industrial or intellectual property right.
- Your comment contains viruses or any component that may damage or impede the normal operation of the networks, systems or computer equipment of Popdeal or third parties.
- It is used for commercial or promotional purposes, it is not related to the publication or activities of Popdeal and is posted repeatedly (spam).
- It is used for purposes related to illegal activities or breaches third party’s rights.
In this sense, we can block users who violate the above rules, so you will no longer be able to comment. Popdeal reserves the right to inform the competent authorities, including related data to find the author of any comment that violates current legislation.
Social Networks offer several functionalities that allow users to interact with other users, such as making comments or giving opinions on the comments of others. You should understand that all these interactions will be public depending on your settings and may be seen by third parties who are registered with Social Networks and we cannot control the use of this information by other users of Social Networks. For example, sending unsolicited messages. Therefore, we are not responsible for such use by third parties.
At Popdeal, we use Facebook pages for which we are joint controllers together with Facebook Ireland Limited or any of its subsequent company names (hereinafter FB):
FB also provides the essential part of our agreement as joint controllers and that you can currently find under this link:
As part of the FB statistics service, we only receive anonymized statistical data and do not have access to personal data processed by FB for this service. The legal basis for the processing of anonymised statistical data is the legitimate interest we have in obtaining further information about the interests of visitors to our FB pages.
– Automated decision making
– Links to other websites, applications or platforms
If at any time we decide to use personal data for purposes other than those indicated at the time of collection, we will communicate this decision to you by email, provided that we have your email address. If your consent is required, you will have the opportunity to authorize or not such uses.
– Date last updated
November 28, 2023