skip to content
I want to buy or rent a property
- Ask questions that allow you to know a little more about the published property. Inquire about the state of the property and request more photos to confirm the information you already have.
- Do not share your personal data without first verifying the recipient, such as your home address or place of employment. Limit your personal information. Do not provide additional information such as account or credit card numbers. Avoid handing over details of your personal finances such as bank statements to strangers.
- Contact the seller, do not contact the advertiser only electronically. Establish telephone communication, avoid negotiating only through the mobile before meeting with the advertiser. It is advisable to always have a landline.
- Meet in a public place. Always choose places with circulation of people, preferably during the day.
- Don’t just attend appointments, let someone know where you’ll be. Provide the details of the person you will be meeting.
- Investigate, check the prices of the sector and its characteristics. Doubt very cheap offers, especially if there is a rush to do business.
- Know before negotiating. It is advisable to reach an agreement to be able to see the property and inspect it before making the purchase. Before closing the transaction, make sure that the property meets what is expected of it. This way you will avoid possible inconveniences.
- Do not send or deliver money in advance as collateral, without verifying the recipient’s details. There have been cases in which after making the payment, all trace of the seller disappears.
- Be wary of salespeople who can’t talk on the phone for any excuse.